Assessment / Records / Reporting Policy
The purpose of assessment is to assist student learning, guide long-term planning and provide school-wide data.
- To provide information to the student to assist learning.
- To provide guidelines on future curriculum planning and purchasing.
- To provide information for school-wide data collection.
- To ensure all students are provided with learning experiences in all strands of all curriculum areas over a two-year period.
- To provide parents with qualitative information about their child’s attainment level.
- Classroom teachers are responsible for classroom planning and collection of data through assessment.
- Assessment is to be based on Specific Learning Objectives that are directly related to the Achievement Objectives as outlined in all curriculum areas.
- Assessment should be mainly formative in nature.
- Data may be collected through a combination of observation, self-assessment by the student, peer assessment, conferencing, portfolios and tests.
- All students will have a portfolio that contains samples from across the curriculum. It is available to go home. Year 7 books are kept and returned to the student at the end of Year 8.
- School-wide data collection is the responsibility of team leaders, curriculum leaders, and data analysts.
- Staff will be advised in February of any long-term requirements. This data will be summative in nature.
- School data is collected in all curriculum areas and is presented to the Board of Trustees throughout the year.
View Policy in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
Chairperson: John Talbot
Approval Date: 18 November 2008
Review Date: November 2011