Code of Conduct
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Members of the Board will:
- Ensure that the needs of the students and their learning are given full consideration when planning, resourcing and implementing the school’s curriculum.
- Ensure that all students are provided with an education which respects their individuality and which challenges them to reach the highest standards of personal achievement.
- Serve their school and their community to the best of their ability and be honest, reliable, trustworthy, loyal and fair.
- Act with fairness and integrity in all matters concerning staff, the principal, parents and students.
- Maintain the confidentiality and trust vested in them.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of papers and information related to the Board’s position as employer.
- Ensure that individual trustees do not act independently of the Board and its decisions.
- Accept that the Principal is the professional leader of the school who is responsible to the Board.
The Principal will:
- Ensure that the needs of the students and their learning are given full consideration in planning, resourcing and implementing the school’s curriculum.
- Show commitment to the belief that each student is of equal value and is entitled to an education which respects her/his individuality and challenges her/him to reach her/his highest standards of personal achievement.
- Be loyal to the charter and fully committed to achieving its purpose, aims and objectives.
- Act fairly and with integrity in all matters concerning staff, members of the Board of Trustees, parents and students, and show a commitment to the continuing development of the staff’s professional skills.
- Work co-operatively with school staff, but take final responsibility for decisions within the Principal’s authority as delegated by the Board.
- Provide all information about a student to any person with legal rights to the information who requests it and respect confidentiality by keeping information about a student from people who have no right to it.
- Not vote in Board of Trustees’ decisions in relation to the Principal’s employment.