The Parents and Teachers Association is a group of parents who involve themselves enthusiastically in fund raising events for the school. Attendance at any or all of their monthly meetings is welcome.
All PTA meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm in the staffroom
Chairperson Louise Banks
Secretary Margaret Sage
Treasurer Lisa Barnes
Second Hand Uniform Sales Louise Neville
Staff Representative Anne Lane
Staff Representative Annie Bowker
Staff Representative Scott Thelning
Code of Conduct
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Members of the Board will:
- Ensure that the needs of the students and their learning are given full consideration when planning, resourcing and implementing the school’s curriculum.
- Ensure that all students are provided with an education which respects their individuality and which challenges them to reach the highest standards of personal achievement.
- Serve their school and their community to the best of their ability and be honest, reliable, trustworthy, loyal and fair.
- Act with fairness and integrity in all matters concerning staff, the principal, parents and students.
- Maintain the confidentiality and trust vested in them.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of papers and information related to the Board’s position as employer.
- Ensure that individual trustees do not act independently of the Board and its decisions.
- Accept that the Principal is the professional leader of the school who is responsible to the Board.
The Principal will:
- Ensure that the needs of the students and their learning are given full consideration in planning, resourcing and implementing the school’s curriculum.
- Show commitment to the belief that each student is of equal value and is entitled to an education which respects her/his individuality and challenges her/him to reach her/his highest standards of personal achievement.
- Be loyal to the charter and fully committed to achieving its purpose, aims and objectives.
- Act fairly and with integrity in all matters concerning staff, members of the Board of Trustees, parents and students, and show a commitment to the continuing development of the staff’s professional skills.
- Work co-operatively with school staff, but take final responsibility for decisions within the Principal’s authority as delegated by the Board.
- Provide all information about a student to any person with legal rights to the information who requests it and respect confidentiality by keeping information about a student from people who have no right to it.
- Not vote in Board of Trustees’ decisions in relation to the Principal’s employment.
View Code of Conduct in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
Scott Thelning is the principal of Cobham Intermediate. Scott brings a wealth of experience to Cobham. He has been principal of Mt Pleasant School for the last nine years. He has a strong network of connections throughout Canterbury and a close working relationship with the Ministry of Education. In 2009 Scott was awarded a 32 week Ministry of Education Study Award which he used to complete, and pass with distinction, a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (Leadership).
Scott’s leadership style is learning and learner focussed, collegial, consultative, open and based around effective relationships with all those in the learning community. He places importance on establishing a supportive and collaborative culture, open communication with all stakeholders and setting and maintaining high standards.
Scott is married to Andrea, and they have 3 kids - Jack 8, Isabella 5 and Will 3. He a mad keen sportsman who is still hoping for a call-up to the All Blacks. In the meantime he plays touch rugby with friends from his own school days.
Scott enjoys collaborating with parents, board, staff and students in fostering Cobham Intermediate, building on current strengths and lifting it to a new level.
Staff at Cobham
We are very proud of the calibre of our staff and the opportunities we are able to offer them, and our students.
These have been prepared to make it quick and easy for you to find members of our team
We currently have no vacancies available.