Our school provides a depth of professional, motivating support to enable students who have particular learning needs to have these addressed.
- E.S.O.L English Speakers of Other Languages
- Special Needs especially in Reading and Mathematics
- D.A.R.E Drug Abuse Resistance Education
- Extension accelerated groups across the curriculum
- Computer assisted Reading and Mathematics programmes
The establishment of a well-staffed Learning Centre has enhanced these programmes.
- The Special Needs Co-ordinator teaches in the Learning Centre, assisted by a team of teacher aides who work with students there, in classrooms and technology workshops
- The Learning Centre caters for groups of up to ten students at both year levels, at maths interchange time
- Small group remedial reading programmes are run daily, and individualized computer programmes offering literacy support for dyslexic and students reading below cohort levels are available.