Our school provides a depth of professional, motivating support to enable students who have particular learning needs to have these addressed.
- E.S.O.L English Speakers of Other Languages
- Special Needs especially in Reading and Mathematics
- D.A.R.E Drug Abuse Resistance Education
- Extension accelerated groups across the curriculum
- Computer assisted Reading and Mathematics programmes
The establishment of a well-staffed Learning Centre has enhanced these programmes.
The Special Needs Co-ordinator teaches in the Learning Centre, assisted by a team of teacher aides who work with students there, in classrooms and technology workshops
The Learning Centre caters for groups of up to ten students at both year levels, at maths interchange time
Small group remedial reading programmes are run daily, and individualized computer programmes offering literacy support for dyslexic and students reading below cohort levels are available.